Friday, April 29, 2011

4.29.2010

On 4.29.2010, I packed up my whole life into a mini-van and made the trek up north. Upon arriving, we met my fiancée, Emily, and moved into a short-term house, provided by the Anderson family. I fell asleep on the couch to a big storm, with the knowledge that tomorrow my parents would be gone, and I would start my new life and ministry in the unfamiliar world of Minnesota. I was terrified out of my mind. 


Fast forward one year and here I sit in my favorite local coffee shop where I'm on a first name basis with the baristas and owners, writing my notes for a talk I'll give next week on the power of words, and preparing a missions team builder this afternoon with teenagers whom I love. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my lovely wife, going on a bike ride, packing for a summer move into a new apartment next month, and fellowshipping at our home congregation, Hope Community Church, on Sunday.


Life is full of surprises and change, but God's faithfulness remains. Deuteronomy 7:9 says, "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands." Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

1 comment: